Halloween Safety Tips
Posted: October 23, 2019
Top 10 Halloween Safety Tips!
For young children and teens, Halloween is one of the FUNNEST times of the year!
But trick-or-treating can come back to hanut you if kids and parents aren't careful.
Take a look at these vital Safety Tips before you send your kids off to spooky streets and hauntted houses. These tips will help keep your kids safe and give you peace of mind so that a howling good time is had by all!
- Plan a route ahead of time in familiar neighborhoods.
- Wear a short costume and comfy shoes; avoid masks and limit props
- Carry a flashlight and extra batteries
- Wear reflector strips or carry a glow stick
- Have a return home / meet-up time
- Carry your cell phone, extra house key, and emergency ID informaiton.
- Walk, don't run on the sidewlaks and stay out of the streets; cross only at intersections and designated crosswalks.
- Pack a couple of Band-Aids and bottled water.
- Inspect your child's candy before they eat it.
- Put a little goodie bag with snack candy in your child's candy bag so they don't eat the candy they get before you've had a chance to inspect it.